Updated Job Listings
Check out the latest jobs we have available at our work agency here in Armagh. Besides having job listings for work in Armagh we also cover Portadown, Dungannon, Craigavon and Lurgan, plus a few specialist jobs in Ballymena and Co Antrim.
Slaughterhouse Assistant Manager
Location: Lurgan, Co Armagh, N Ireland
An Abattoir Assistant Manager is required for this busy slaughterhouse in Lurgan. It’s an ideal role for an experienced Abattoir / Slaughterhouse / Butcher looking for an opportunity to progress their career working for a large reputable and highly successful meat processing specialist.
The Ideal Candidate
• Previous Slaughter / Abattoir Management experience.
• Professional communication skills (Written & Verbal).
• An eye for efficiency.
• Competent influencing skills.
- Assist the manager in leading the team to achieve departmental objectives, on a day-to-day basis, by providing direction, instructions and guidance
- Assist the manager to drive through out puts and efficiencies, maximise yields, minimise waste and downtime, and ensure quality standards are maintained
- Assist the manager to ensure stock controls are in place and remain effective for all products and materials
- Assist the manager to ensure full trace ability is sustained on all Company products
- Assist the manager to identify and implement solutions to problems at an early stage, to prevent issues escalating unnecessarily
- Where there is a departmental Trainer in place, support them to continue to deliver training interventions to a high standard, which enable the department to meet its objectives and the business its goals
- Pro-actively deal with any concerns relating to individual performance, conduct, attendance, in line with Company's standard HR procedures, and handle employees' grievances in line with the Company's Grievance Procedure
- Engage and support the H&S Manager during risk assessments and investigations as well as providing a safe environment for staff and visitors
- Full control of slaughterhouse when Manager is on Annual leave