Involvement in the slaughter and evisceration of cattle and sheep in accordance with animal welfare regulations and guidelines.
- Experience in a similar role (preferably in a meat discipline)
- Food Hygiene Certificate is desirable, but full training will be provided.
- Ability and willingness to work in a cold environment undertaking manual labour tasks
- Flexibility to work additional/alternate hours depending on the needs of the business
- Ability to communicate in English
- Be physically fit and strong.
- Be comfortable working with dead animals and waste products.
- Be able to work well as part of a team.
- Be able to work accurately and efficiently.
- Follow the law relating to animal slaughter.
- Have an awareness of food hygiene regulations and health and safety issues.
- Previous knife skills desirable